1. CDAC-SFCCA Bursary
The CDAC-SFCCA Bursary 2013 for Sec 1-4 students is open for application till . Application forms can be obtained from the General Office. Pls help to disseminate the following information to your classes.
(a) Race/Citizenship: Chinese students (S'pore Citizen or PR)
(b) Income: Gross monthly household income of $1,500 and below OR monthly per capita income of $450 and below.
(c) Others: Not receiving The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund and other scholarship or bursary (with the exception of the MOE Edusave Merit Scholarship or bursary)
- Successful applicant will receive a bursary quantum of $450 by end of April 2014.
- CDAC will grant 90% fee subsidy to enable bursary recipients to attend enrichment programmes/courses organized by 11 CDAC centres.
- CDAC will waive the tuition fee for the academically weak bursary recipients when they attend the CDAC Tuition Programme in 2014.
2. Class decoration competition
Students need to submit a short write-up (less than 100 words) to explain to the judges how the class decoration is related to their class mission, goals and code of conduct.
Guidelines to adhere to:
● Students are encouraged to use recycled materials. There will be no reimbursement of expenses incurred.
● Safety of the classroom should not be compromised.
● The decoration should be done in a tasteful manner i.e. there should be no offensive language, symbols or pictures used.
● Painting of the classroom is not allowed.
● Please take care of the equipment provided by the school. Cost of any damage done to any school property will be borne by the class.
● Areas to note:
o Notice-boards need to be allocated for different subjects and announcements. Eg. Duty roster.
o Classroom must be clean and neat.
o The locker area is clean and free from clutter.
o Class mission, goals and code of conduct are clearly displayed.
o The items in the class cupboards are neatly arranged.
o Class Seating Plan is prominently displayed at the teacher’s table.
The competition will assess students on the following:
● Class Theme reflects their mission, goals and code of conduct. (30%)
● Overall presentation and use of space inside the classroom (30%)
● Creativity (10%)
● Effort (10%)
● Classroom cleanliness (10%)
● Use of recycled material (10%)
Judging will take place on 27 Jan 2014 from 3 p.m. onwards.
Prizes will be given out for each respective levels.
3. Class committee
The committee cannot be finalised yet as there are a number of you who want to be S&W reps.
4. Temperature-taking exercise
There will be a temperature-taking exercise on the 7 Jan 2014. Please bring a thermometer in good-working condition. Those who do not bring one will have to purchase one at $5 from the school.